Life, Love, Long Hair, Weeping and Gnashing of Teeth, and other mysteries

All this and more, from a semi-Serbian, slightly sane, former editor for physicians and surgeons, who is the mother of seven kids.


Monday 24 September 2018

Small Dogs

I had a bit of an attitude about small dogs. I'd only ever had larger dogs, like black Lab size.
I figured small dogs were annoying, yappy things.

And they were uncool.

Especially when people put clothing on them or took them into stores.

Then a 2-1/2-year-old Pomchi named Bear needed a home. A friend suggested him to me. I met him and thought, "Well, he's kinda cute. Maybe I'll give him a try."

After his first night here, I woke up angry from hearing his sharp barking. I wanted to give him back to his foster family and say it isn't going to work.

But my kids really wanted him. I decided to try one more night. I put him in a cat kennel we had, and he slept silently by my bed all night.

From then on, 16 months now, we have been inseparable.

Large dogs have lost their appeal. I now adore small dogs - especially Bear.

"Where have you been all my life?" I say to him, and he seems to say it back.

I love my Pomchi more than words can say.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me - please.