Life, Love, Long Hair, Weeping and Gnashing of Teeth, and other mysteries

All this and more, from a semi-Serbian, slightly sane, former editor for physicians and surgeons, who is the mother of seven kids.


Tuesday, 28 February 2012

Long Hair Going Crazy Video - Blondie

OK, for those who appreciate long hair and silliness, here's my weirdness for the week.

If you're reading this via email update, you'll have to click the title line of this message
 to get into my blog in order to see the video.



 

A couple of my teens and I were goofing around on my 18-year-old daughter's computer, with her trial version of YouCam.  We applied ultra-red lipstick and were lip-syncing to a few songs, such as Bohemian Rhapsody, and I can't remember the others.

 The girls were growing weary, and I was still hyper, but fading a little, so I went through my YouTube favorites in search of a song to which I knew all the words, sung by a female, which would go with the late night weirdness as my 14-year-old daughter was using a straightener iron on my hair behind me and my 18-year-old daughter was half passed out on the bed in the background, who, after having heard the song, said, "That sounded like an acid trip."

I do hope she knows not that of which she speaks.

I chose Blondie's "Fade Away And Radiate".

Radiate - heat - straightener iron.

Me - fading away at the end of a day.

And the video is coming through in waves.

Rays of hair.

Blondie.

OK, well, I had fun anyway.

Click the comment button and let me know you were here.  Don't be a secret stalker!

The fine print:  Inspired, in part, by Lizzi and her Bad Reputation video.  ;)

3 comments:

  1. Lol, that was hilarious! I love how you keep flipping your hair around and singing, and the little one just calmly comes back and keeps up with the ironing. Then there is a random foot or finger/hand behind you. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the one behind me with the straightener iron was like, "Mom! Mom!" coz she didn't wanna burn me when I was going wild.

      Then the one half-passed-out on the bed said near the end something to the effect of, "It's not even on," coz she thought I hadn't clicked the right button to turn on the YouCam.

      I did have a great time! Doesn't take much to entertain me. :)

      Delete
  2. PS: I have an idea for another one, which I hope to do in the next few weeks.

    Hint: It will involve Lady Gaga, hair, and socks.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me - please.